Type: Permanent full-time employee
Salary: TBD – Medical/dental benefits and RRSP plan available
Number of positions available: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and is recognized internationally as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Its production teams have helped bring to life many of the most memorable and modern animated television properties including, The Lion Guard, Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero, Wander Over Yonder, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, and Toot & Puddle; along with several feature films including Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome, Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury Filmworks® is proudly associated with global entertainment partners such as American Greetings, Cartoon Network, Corus Entertainment, Disney, DreamWorks, Entertainment One, Mattel, Nickelodeon, Spin Master, Technicolor and Warner Bros. The Mercury Filmworks® group of companies includes Mercury Connects, a technology company developing connected products from books to toys – with a special interest in augmented and virtual reality. Its book-publishing division, Mercury Inpress, produces printed books and companion apps that bring paper pages to life on mobile devices.
Job Description: We are currently seeking Compositors experienced with Toon Boom’s Harmony software to join our team. Those with similar experience and willing to be retrained are also encouraged to apply. This full-time position is an excellent opportunity for artists who are motivated and willing to learn. It is predominantly an independent position in a challenging yet casual environment with flexible work hours. All applicants must live in Canada.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technical problem solving abilities
- Must be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Minimum 1 year of animation or live-action composition experience is required
- Artistic sensibilities in the areas of 2D/3D animation compositing, rotoscoping, digital FX creation, colour correction, filtering treatments, and a solid understanding of the fundamental concepts of digital compositing
- Preference will be given to those applicants experienced with Toon Boom’s Harmony software
Please send your resume and link your demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference COMP-0216 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
We thank you for your interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K2E 8C3