Pipeline is looking for skilled and passionate Modeling Artists to join its growing team.
Pipeline is an industry leader and creates some of the most innovative projects currently on the market, delivering over 2000 minutes of high quality content per year; credited to our solid reputation in the global industry. Pipeline’s world class creative and technical talent join us from studios such as Pixar, ILM, WB, and Disney to name a few.
Pipeline has produced some of the most exciting CG, 2D and custom hybrid digital productions coming out of Canada in the last several years. Along with developing our own IP for global distribution, our current clients include: NBC/Universal, Disney XD, Discovery Nickelodeon and Nelvana.
The iconic Pipeline is considered a specialty wave meant only for the most skilled. It’s epic and totally perfect. Only world-class surfers find it and ride it. Come surf with the best, at Pipeline Studios.
- Model appealing and production-friendly models/characters for a television series based on 2D designs
- Identify problems in 2D designs that may inhibit 3D model and provide possible solutions
- Work with rigging department to ensure compatibility with pipeline
- Deliver completed assets as per production schedule
- Work with modeling leads and the Art director to understand the stylized version of the production
- Ensure all deliverables meet the needs of all receiving departments
- Extensive knowledge in modeling polygonal objects using Maya
- Demonstrate a strong ability to understand and interpret 2D character designs in 3D
- Strong practical and digital sculpting skills
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Understanding and experience in the creation and use of geometry for assets in a production setting
- Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop experience a plus
- Rigging/texturing knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of anatomy and perspective
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey creative and technical thoughts and ideas to others
How to Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and brief cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include position applied for in subject line of e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you