Pipeline is looking for skilled and passionate Surfacing Artists to join its growing team.
Pipeline is an industry leader and creates some of the most innovative projects currently on the market, delivering over 2000 minutes of high quality content per year; credited to our solid reputation in the global industry. Pipeline’s world class creative and technical talent join us from studios such as Pixar, ILM, WB, and Disney to name a few.
Pipeline has produced some of the most exciting CG, 2D and custom hybrid digital productions coming out of Canada in the last several years. Along with developing our own IP for global distribution, our current clients include: NBC/Universal, Disney XD, Discovery Nickelodeon and Nelvana.
The iconic Pipeline is considered a specialty wave meant only for the most skilled. It’s epic and totally perfect. Only world-class surfers find it and ride it. Come surf with the best, at Pipeline Studios.
- Texturing/Shading/UV mapping of sets, props and characters within Maya and Photoshop
- Set up Maya shaders/shading networks and use them to achieve desired looks
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise
- Communicates any potential creative or technical issues
- Works with Modeling and Lighting departments to communicate Surfacing needs
- Follow studio precedent in naming and organizing textures, shaders and shading networks to maintain organization and flow throughout production
- Works closely with Supervisor or lead to create the desired look in production
- Adheres to production schedule and delivery needs as managed and communicated by the producer and production team
- Experience with Maya, Photoshop. knowledge in Zbrush or Mudbox
- A portfolio that demonstrates intelligent and well utilized UV’s
- Advanced to expert knowledge on Photoshop
- Strong artistic eye for detail with the ability to follow reference material and concept art
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to handle the complexity of our pipeline and adaptable to our existing workflows
- Knowledge of Polygonal and NURBS texturing and UV Layout
- Ability to create high quality texture maps, including all supporting maps (bump, specular, transparency, etc.)
- Familiarity with construction of complex shading networks
- Ability to debug complex shading networks within Maya
- Experience with 3D paint packages is an asset
- Background in visual arts an asset
How to Apply
Please email your resume, portfolio/demo reel link and brief cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: email@example.com
Please include position applied for in subject line of e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you