Job Title: Line Producer
About Spin Master Corp.
Spin Master (TSX:TOY) is a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Bakugan, Air Hogs®, Spin Master Games™ and the 2015 Toy of the Year, Zoomer™ Dino. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 58 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 14 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 11 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced five television series, including 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers™ and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 950 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Germany, Holland, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and Japan.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Animation Line Producer in the Spin Master Entertainment division, based out of our Toronto head office. Reporting to the Supervising Producer Spin Master Entertainment, the Line Producer executes the overall strategy and production plan and oversees the global and daily production schedules. The Line Producer has a deep understanding of the CG animation pipeline balanced with creative acumen. This role is also the primary liaison between Spin Master Entertainment and the production team, story editor/show runner, rights holders, toy team, internal departments and broadcaster(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the production schedule.
- Maintain the production budget and cost report tracking.
- Meet project deadlines/milestones as assigned.
- Responsible for interpreting and incorporating the director, client, broadcaster and toy team comments with regard to scripts, design, storyboards/leicas, voice talent and animation.
- Attend voice records, mixes, on line and off line edits.
- Understand broadcast delivery guidelines.
- Supervise asset management.
- Work with toy, brand and marketing to insure themes and milestones are met.
- Lead by example with best practices of people management.
- Solid understanding of CGI animation pipelines
- Proven 3 year track record of successfully managing/Line Producing animated Television Series.
- College or University Degree
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A high level of proficiency in Word, Final Draft, Power Point and Excel
- Knowledge of the WGC, WGA and ACTRA IPA – specifically Animation
- Knowledge of Canadian funding regulations, entities and tax credits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A calm approach to all situations and ability to problem solve quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
If you were interested in being a part of Spin Master, please send us your applications to email@example.com.
All Internal applications / referrals, please contact your Talent Acquisition Coordinator @ Spin Master.
While applying please ensure that you highlight the source & job title in the subject line.
eg: Application for ‘ Job Title & SOURCE: (where you heard about this job) in the subject line.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.