Guru Studio, the award winning internationally renowned animation house
in Toronto, seeks an experienced CG Supervisor for a brand new animated TV series. The CG Supervisor will bring expertise to both the technical and artistic aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the various department supervisors.
- Designing and implementing the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow of a production.
- Leading the technical directors (TDs) in solving problems the production faces on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure every department is operating efficiently and to their fullest potential
- Review scripts, storyboards and leica and intercept creative & technical issues before they make their way into production.
- Review scripts and make complexity breakdowns for each show
- Help recommend economies that are in-line with the direction of the directors and producers on your team.
- Assisting the producer by reviewing budgets and schedules.
- Promote a positive and productive work environment and lead collaboratively across departments and within facility
- Attend Skype and face-to-face interviews with potential candidates
- Minimum 5 years work experience as a supervisor in either a film production environment or animated TV Series
- Strong creative and technical background, with a passion for researching and recommending new tools
- Must be personable and easily approachable with excellent communication skills.
- Must know Maya, Nuke, and have a strong understanding of current Ray Tracing technology
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time in a high pressure environment
- Experience with Redshift Renderer is an asset
To Apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with CG SUPERVISOR in the subject line. If you have a portfolio/reel please send that along as well. Thank you for your interest in Guru!