The CG Supervisor works closely with the Producer to oversee every aspect of production for animated television. Under the supervision of the Producer and Production Manager, this person brings expertise to both the technical and artistic aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the various department supervisors. The standard of quality is established during his exchanges with the Director and production staff. He must therefore understand and interpret the Director’s intentions and also be conscious of the project’s budget constraints set by the production team.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring the digital artists in technical direction work
- Demonstrates excellent listening and communication skills by openly receiving direction and criticism by asking good questions to confirm clear understanding of the directions and how to approach what needs to be done.
- Maintain high technical standards and strive to maintain an up-to-date understanding of Snowball Studio’s standards, advancements and best practices
- Responsible for assisting with global pipeline mirroring setup
- Ensure every department is operating efficiently and to their fullest potential
- Must possess a keen eye for aesthetic detail and the ability to effectively communicate with both the creative and production staff
- Promote a positive and productive work environment
- Complete high quality work, on time and to specification
- Demonstrates superb problem solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions with ability to troubleshoot individually and with a team
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time in a high pressure environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Graphics (or equivalent experience) with at least 5+ years hands-on production experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the pipeline (both proprietary and 3rd party)
- Must know Maya, Nuke, and have a strong understanding of Mental Ray
- Knowledge of advanced 3D modelling, rendering, animation, texturing, lighting, shading, effects and rigging
*We will be in touch with candidates that are eligible for the position. Please do not contact directly*
Contact email is: JobsCa@snowballstudios.ca
Comments are closed.