2D Key Animator (Harmony), Copernicus Studios, Halifax. Previous experience with Toonboom is an asset but not a necessity. This is a new high-quality animated series using a combination of character builds coupled with strong hand drawn posing and traditional animation elements.
Working with fully assembled scenes with all the assets, models, and animatics, you will be doing all the main storytelling poses for your assigned scenes. Using the storyboard as your guide you’ll be responsible to work closely with the Posing Supervisor on the sequences cast to you.
Paying close attention to hook-ups, character personalities, staging, solid drawing, and appropriate acting choices. Creating all the main poses for your scenes at the highest quality possible will be your objective.
You must have a strong sense of comedic timing, with effective time management skills and excellent character draftsmanship. You’ll be incorporating all notes from the Animation Supervisor, while working collaboratively with other Key Animators under a strict schedule.
- Must have 2D character animation experience for television, and/or an ass-kicking demo reel. An impeccable understanding of the animation principles; Staging, Exaggeration, Solid Drawing & Appeal, Shape & Form, Line of Action & Silhouette, Action & Reaction, Tension, Beat & Rhythm, Straights & Curves, Volume & Perspective.
- Strong understanding of motion, weight, emotion, and acting, with an emphasis on clear storytelling.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and a good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Must be willing to work on-site, here in Halifax.
For tax credit purposes – Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residence of Canada are preferred.
Please apply at: http://www.copernicusstudios.com/careers/
Live, work and play in Halifax, Nova Scotia – www.novascotia.com/explore
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.