9 Story Media Group is an industry leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences around the world. 9 Story has produced over 900 animated and live action episodes, seen on some of the world’s most respected children’s channels.
Job Title: Pipeline Technical Director 2D
Start Date: Immediate
9 Story Media Group is currently looking for a senior 2D Pipeline Technical Director to join our team.
Reports to: Head of Pipeline R&D
9 Story Media Group is looking for a Pipeline Technical Director to collaborate in the delivery of production-ready tools for its TV production pipeline. The Pipeline Technical Director provides direct and daily technical support to current TV Productions. Pipeline Technical Directors work with the Software Developers and Supervisors to architect & develop production tools as well as supporting modules in a python scripting environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to solving technical issues, automating Shotgun, rendering, as well as support the asset and shot production pipelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within the Pipeline team, the Pipeline Technical Director works closely with the Senior Pipeline Technical Director.
- Responsible for all development and support of the Pipeline
- Monitor current production practices to have a total understanding of the studio needs to enable all teams to meet their deadlines
- Author, update and maintain in-house documentation
- Conduct and mediate ‘post mortems’ with production teams that have concluded to investigate the positive and negative aspects of the production to further improve future productions
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of trends and software’s used in television productions
- Lead the development and implementation of production pipelines for all studio productions from requirements through implementation
- Develop and support production pipelines
- Responsible for key production software design and deployment decisions
- Recommend solutions to ensure technical decisions are made in an efficient and timely manner to boost artist’s output and complete their job more efficiently.
- Monitoring current production practices to have the best understanding of the studio needs and ensuring all teams meet their deadlines
- Maintaining and contributing to the technical pipeline bible
- Provide Technical pipeline post mortems to production. Advice on improvements that could be made and implementation of those improvements as where fit.
- Design and maintain Pipeline technical milestones
- Investigating new software for production
- Advice on software updates or changes to production software.
- Design and support for production management systems and tools.
- Train and support artists in using pipeline tools.
- Advise artists and TDs on technical planning and production issues
- Develop, document, and maintain tools for current productions, integrating into the existing 2D pipeline.
- Support and troubleshoot technical production issues
- Work with a centrally-managed pipeline development team.
- Identify inefficiencies in the production pipeline and propose and design solutions.
- Use source code version control systems to deploy code in production
- Extensive development experience in python
- Experience in pipeline development with distributed teams
- Experience using PyQT or PySide
- Experience developing tools for Maya and Shotgun
- Advanced understanding of Maya in a high end production environment
- Expert understanding of the entire 2D production process
- Good understanding of rendering.
- Ability to work to both long and short deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Tool development for Houdini, Nuke, Photoshop
- Experience with DVCS
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with game engine technology
- Experience with Shotgun Toolkit
- Knowledge of mental ray
- Experience with Harmony
Please apply via e-mail to: email@example.com
Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.