PIPELINE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are seeking a PIPELINE SOFTWARE ENGINEER to work closely with the Head of Technology and Pipeline team. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual who enjoys being part of an exciting and fast-paced animation studio. The ideal candidate must have great asset management skills and the technical abilities to help develop and implement pipeline tools to streamline and solve digital production processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the Head of Technology with all aspects of technical components
- React to pipeline development challenges and troubleshoot solutions
- Aid in the development of applications and creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity
- Create and update documentation and assist with roll outs of new technology
- Provide weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notify Head of Technology of any upcoming production risks
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation
- Attend daily department meetings as required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-5 years of experience in VFX or Animation is required
- Previous experience as a Pipeline TD preferred
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Photoshop is preferred
- Experience with PyQT or PySide
- Knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Experience with SQL, Shotgun, Qube is an asset
- Knowledge of Maya Python/API, C/C++, Nuke, RenderMan is a plus
- Must have a strong understanding of scheduling, project management, and working under strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem solving skills
- Experience with large-scale production pipelines, including render farm management is preferred.
- Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience is a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally able to work in Canada. BC residents preferred
- Ability to work in the studio.
Start Date: Right away
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Demo Reel and/or Website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.