Snowball Studios Toronto is looking for a Desktop Support Technician. The Desktop Support Technician will assist staff in a creative studio environment on technical desktop support including installation, testing and location setup of workstations and peripherals. This includes ensuring that the network and storage infrastructure is always up and running and performing regular audits of systems and software.
- Diploma or Degree holder in the field of Computer Engineering or Information Technologies.
- 2–5 years of system administration experience.
- Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers.
- Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory, Windows, Mac and Linux\Unix environments.
- Experience with installation and troubleshooting Autodesk, Adobe, The Foundry software
- Experience installing software, patches, updates.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring network switches and firewalls.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, and always follow a schedule.
- Media industry experience is an asset.
- Setup, install, configure and provide support of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues with regards to desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly within a diverse networking environment i.e. storage shares, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Track and document ordered computer supplies with detailed tracking of hardware and software usage on the production floor.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
- Track and complete support tickets in a timely manner.
- Maintain telephone systems.
- Maintain and manage backups.
- Become familiar with existing documentation practices to maintain and update database.
- Stagger hours to suit production schedules and artist downtime.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Snowball Studios Toronto.