Editor, Cinesite Feature Animation, Montreal
Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Feature Animation Editor. Ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity for a highly organized and motivated editor who enjoys being part of top quality and fast paced animation studio.
- Work closely with the Director, Head of Story, Art Director and other members of the production team to create a memorable story that will resonate with the audience.
- Create and work within pre-production and production pipelines
- Create and work within post production pipelines
- Determine necessary specifications and follow through on delivery to post production house and distributors
- Edit and assemble the storyboard panels during pre-production, incorporating necessary visual development, while adding appropriate mock up camera moves in Avid or AfterEffects.
- Edit and assemble shots from the various stages of CG shot production while monitoring story, timing and action. Includes making necessary suggestions, additions or trims, and updating within the pipeline, distributing the information to the affected departments
- Use strong understanding of cinematography and animation timing to create an appropriate pace to the film to keep audiences entertained and involved.
- Act as the hub for the story and timing for all departments, including constant awareness of the state of the film, various notes and versioning required to complete sequences, etc.
- Assemble and track the radio play, including creating any necessary scratch recordings. Includes keeping inventory of all available dialogue tracks and any that need to be recorded with final voices.
- Work with production to ensure the pipeline status of shots, sequences and dialogue match the existing edit.
- Alert Creative and Production when any discrepancies arise between the planned story and the existing material
- Track both story, shot and camera continuity throughout the production process
- Act as the final Quality Control hub, including a deep understanding of the post production QC process and what is and is not technically and legally acceptable
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Film required
- 10 years professional experience required, including extensive Feature Animation or Animated Television experience. Additional Live Action experience preferred.
- Completion of at least 3 projects as a Lead Editor
- Experience with editing for animatic/radio plays, as well as CG Production and the phases of animated films required.
- Extensive knowledge of Post Production and delivery required.
- Complete and expert understanding of Avid and the necessary connections to design and production pipelines
- Intense passion for creating a film that will set itself apart from other films currently in production
- Understanding of animation timing, cinematic scene and dramatic structure
- Experience in work on and delivery for stereoscopic features required
- Strong knowledge of story structure, comedy and animation required
- Experience in After Effects a plus
- Experience as a post supervisor preferred
- Experience with timing for musical numbers/songs required
- Knowledge of voice recording equipment for voice talent sessions required
- Ability to work collaboratively and on a deadline
Please submit your application as an online submission via our website:
Comments are closed.