FX TD, Cinesite VFX, Montreal
Cinesite Montreal is seeking an FX TD to join our VFX team. The ideal candidate should be motivated and well-organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
The Role: You will be working with both proprietary and commercial tools to create a range of effects using fluids, cloth, particles, and rigid body dynamics.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and/or Houdini and the use of fluids, cloth, particles and/or RBDs.
- Experience in creating photorealistic effects such as fire, smoke, destruction, clothing, water and dust.
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects.
- Good working knowledge of Renderman; experience with lighting and rendering effects (advantageous).
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to trouble-shoot pipeline issues.
- Ability to resolve shot-specific technical challenges independently.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of other areas of visual effects, from modelling and lighting, to rigging and animation.
- Programming skills in Mel and Python (advantageous).
- Previous film industry experience (preferred).
Please submit your application as an online submission via our website: