We are seeking a Prop and Set Designer to join our team at BRON Animation as we embark on development of our second animated feature film, directed by Kris Pearn (Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2). We are looking for a talented designer to create visually stunning props and sets that both closely capture the artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfying all technical animation requirements. Under the guidance of the Production Designer/Art Director, the ideal candidate has a passion for the craft, takes direction well, remains calm under pressure and is a great team player.
- Create designs that support the overall creative vision for the project within the determined style.
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback in a timely and qualitatively acceptable manner.
- Collaborate with downstream artists (modelling, rigging, animation) to test efficacy of designs in production and make adjustments to designs as required.
- Deliver assignments per projects schedules and bid days.
- Adhere to file management and other technical standards.
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues.
- Communicate issues proactively to supervisors and colleagues.
- Practice attentive and active listening.
- Share information, methods, and ideas with team actively.
- Degree or Diploma in Fine Arts or Animation and/or relevant industry experience.
- Strong background in design.
- Ability to work in diverse visual development styles as required.
- Knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective, composition and colour.
- Strong drawing, illustration and/or painting skills.
- Proficiency with Photoshop.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Works well under pressure.
- Self-motivating and pro-active.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D layout.
- Understanding of CG production, particularly with respect to modelling and rigging.
- Experience with Zbrush, Corel Painter, Maya
Please contact email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.