Job Title: Pipeline Technical Director 2D
Start Date: Immediate
Reporting to: Head of Pipeline R&D
9 Story Media Group is looking for a Pipeline Technical Director to collaborate in the delivery of production-ready tools for its TV production pipeline. The Pipeline Technical Director provides direct and daily technical support to current TV Productions. Pipeline Technical Directors work with the Software Developers and Supervisors to architect & develop production tools as well as supporting modules in a Python scripting environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to solving technical issues, automating Shotgun, rendering, as well as support the asset and shot production pipelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within the Pipeline team, the Pipeline Technical Director works closely with the Head of Pipeline R&D.
- Responsible for development and support of the Pipeline and Tools
- Monitor current production practices to have a total understanding of the studio needs to enable all teams to meet their deadlines
- Develop efficient and readable code with Object Oriented programming best practices
- Author and maintain in-house documentation
- Participate in ‘post mortems’ with production teams
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of trends and software used in television productions
- Lead development and implementation of production pipelines for all studio productions
- Recommend solutions to ensure technical decisions are made in an efficient and timely manner to increase efficiency
- Ongoing monitoring of current productions to ensure Pipeline stability
- Design and maintain Pipeline technical project milestones
- Investigating new software for production
- Advise Artists and Technical Directors on technical production planning
- Work with a centrally-managed Pipeline development team.
- Identify inefficiencies in the production Pipeline and propose and design solutions
- Respond to Shotgun Helpdesk requests and provide 2nd level support to other team members
- Consult with Development and Technology departments in designing bespoke production pipelines
- Mentor and work closely with other technical directors
- Experience with Toon Boom Harmony
- Experience in Pipeline development with distributed teams
- Experience using PyQT or PySide
- Experience developing tools for Shotgun
- Expert understanding of the entire 2D production process
- Good understanding of rendering
- Ability to work to both long and short deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tool development for Adobe products: eg Photoshop, Premiere
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with DVCS
- Experience with game engine technology
- Experience with Shotgun Toolkit
Please apply via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.