9 Story Media Group is an industry leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences around the world. 9 Story has produced over 900 animated and live action episodes, seen on some of the world’s most respected children’s channels.
Job Title: Supervising Producer
Start Date: TBD
Reporting to the VP of Production, the Supervising Producer will be responsible for overseeing 2 or more productions ensuring they meet milestones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the efforts of multiple production crews simultaneously
- Oversees the finances and supports producers with cost reports
- Applies knowledge and experience (of various platform/pipelines to create master/long form schedules
- Work alongside the Producers to maintain the budget, the schedule, deliveries and ensuring positive team and client relationships
- Work with Producers in anticipating Production issues and creating plans to solve them before them become major challenges to the Production
- Support the team with tools and ideas to work more efficiently and foster a culture of creative solutions
- Work alongside Development to bring shows into production
- Work closely with clients, writers, directors, producers, department keys and the production office
- Help to create a positive team atmosphere and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in the role
- Strong working knowledge of the 2D animation pipeline, and extensive knowledge of each phase of production (script through to post-production)
- Excellent numeracy skills and fiscal literacy; able to proactively work and create budgets to ensure proactive solutions are made
- Organized and has excellent time management skills, able to efficiently balance multiple productions
- Knowledge and experience with WGC, WGA, ACTRA IPA and Canadian funding regulations
- Able to problem solve in stressful situations, able to identify when challenges and solutions need to be flagged to supervisor
- Able to proactively work with and relationship build (on several productions at a time) with internal teams, external teams, clients and broadcasters
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately with sound judgment and discretion
- Well-developed communication skills with a focus on diplomacy, discretion and one on one relationships; verbal, nonverbal and written
- Professional and solution oriented
Please apply via e-mail to: email@example.com
Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
Comments are closed.