Nelvana – Limited, A Corus Entertainment Company
2D Digital Design Supervisor – Contract
Nelvana Limited, A division of Corus Entertainment Inc. has an exciting opportunity for 2D Digital Design Supervisor in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director and Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design team in establishing and creating the Character, Prop and Location designs for production:
- To lead and mentor the design crew; delegating and assisting in the completion of all design elements
- Collaborate with the Series Director and associated production team to ensure consistency with prescribed design of show.
- Assess scripts to determine the most creatively effective and most cost efficient way to achieve desired look.
- Ensure the design strategy/plan is consistent with established schedule and required deadlines.
- To review the boards, and the design lists to ensure the design pack is complete and satisfies the needs of each episode.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills – ability to work within established schedule and set deadlines
- A minimum of 4 years traditional design and 2 year digital design experience in a production environment, television animation preferable
- Experience with 2D animation software such as Toon Boom Harmony is a plus
- Strong traditional drawing skills must
A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with honesty and integrity.
Interested applicants are invited to send a Demo Reel and Resume to:
Email Address: email@example.com
*Please include 2D Digital Design Supervisor in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities