Date: October 25th, 2016
Position Title 2D Compositor
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a 2D Compositing Artist who believe they have the artistic and technical skills to bring a feature film to life for theatrical release.
- Generate clean, efficient and logical comp scripts that are easy to understand and adjust
- Write and edit expressions / gizmos to automate repetitive tasks, and improve creative workflow
- Ability to interpret the art director’s creative choices and understand the nuances of the show’s intended unique look
- Strong understanding of working within a linear, 32bit float, color workflow
- Ability to “push” and weigh a composition with color/vignette visual tricks to better focus attention and enhance the subject/action of a shot
- Work with compositing supervisor and TDs to tailor procedural tools/scripts to best suit your needs
- Strong artistic skills, must be familiar and proficient in NUKE
- Understanding of camera lenses and focus to create depth and scale on a miniature level
- Production experience using Nuke
- Ability to think outside of the box to create creative solutions to technical hurdles
- Strong and confident communication skills. Engages other teammates positively, and is not afraid to provide useful information to fellow coworkers
- CG and/or set LIGHTING experience a plus
- History in motion graphics and/or 2D animation/stopmotion is a plus
Please email resumes, reels and blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2D COMPOSITOR in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.