jobby: 3D Rigging Lead, Guru Studio, Toronto
3D Rigging Lead
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a 3D Rigger who is responsible for bringing our next batch of fantastic projects to life. This role reports directly to the Asset Supervisor.
- Use available studio tools to rig characters and props
- Supervise and mentor other members of the team on technique
- Oversee the teams rigs to ensure they meet production requirements and meet quality standards
- Design control mechanisms that are simple and intuitive for animators
- Model / Transfer blendshapes for secondary characters
- Stay on top of new tools and methods for rigging on an animated series
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- 3-5+ years of rigging experience
- In depth knowledge of Maya rigging
- Ability to automate tasks with MEL or Python
- Strong secondary abilities in modeling
- Functional knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement
- An understanding of cartoon animation principles and how they apply to rigging
- Production experience is an asset
Please email resumes, reels and blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org with 3D RIGGING LEAD in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.