Startoon Canada is looking for a Community/Content Manager for the 2017 edition of Startoon. this is a full-time position starting in Febraury 2017 and based in our office in Parkdale, Toronto and running until the end of September 2017.
Startoon is an innovative online talent show where all the contestants are animated characters and our 2017 edition follows on from our highly successful first season that ran last year at http://startoon.ca
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, savvy and multi-skilled digital native to run and create content for our social media accounts and to be a part of the Startoon production team for this exciting project.
Please send us something to introduce us to you, that could be a letter, a video, a webpage and something that could be a CV reimagined for 2017. A job description is attached, we would like to hear from people in the next two weeks so please get your applications and expressions of interest to us as soon as possible.
Thanks for taking an interest in Startoon – we look forward to hearing from you!
STARTOON – COMMUNITY/CONTENT MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Startoon launched in 2016 as a new way to develop animated characters for series television. Anyone in Canada can upload a character audition to our talent show, and compete to win the grand prize of a 25 thousand dollar development deal. Along the way, the characters and creators receive feedback from our panel of industry experts, and from the Startoon community as well.
Startoon Studio is currently seeking a Social Media Manager/Content Producer to join our in house team. This role is focused on creating original content for our various social media platforms as well as coordinating and executing the Startoon social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among the creative sector and among the target kids audience of 6 to 11 year olds.
We are looking for a passionate digital ninja with a few years experience in the social media field who is able to produce engaging digital content across multiple platforms. The role also requires an understanding of youth culture and the ability to adapt content and tone of voice to engage with our dual audiences of kids aged 6-11 and the adult creators who will participate in the competition itself. The team culture is fast-paced, creative, data and detail-oriented and focused on delivering results in a deadline-driven work environment.
The essential functions of our Community/Content Manager are as follows:
- Strong focus on engagement with our community of fans and talent – you will be acting as brand voice, helpdesk and community leader supporting and encouraging a sense of ‘team’ amongst our fans.
- Creating and publishing a constant flow of highly engaging content (video, image and copy) across web, social and newsletter communications.
- Introducing the concept of Startoon to new fans and target audiences as well as managing our existing community base.
- Monitoring and moderation of community activity
- Working with outside influencers to promote Startoon and its content
- YouTube channel management
- Liaising with talent (creators, guests, etc.) as required and appropriate
- Monitoring social, web and newsletter analytics and creating regular reports with guidance from Social Media Director
- Identifying trends / topical market research
Job Description: Community/Content Manager
- Works with our Social Media Lead to manage all creative and administration aspects of the community and social media platforms for the Company. This includes managing our Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram and any other appropriate platforms
- Manages the company website including being managing editor – creating and curating content, creating and sending out newsletter, liaising with developers and designers to keep website up to date, relevant and functional and effective.
- Works with the Social Media Lead, Executive Producer, Line Producer and Producer to help define marketing strategy and execution for the Company and its content Brands and implement the same through the social media and community platforms as appropriate.
- Monitors discussions and trends within the community. Identifies and reports trends in usage and advises on potential opportunities. Alerts appropriate staff as issues arise and work with staff to resolve issues.
- Networks with community members and identifies Community Champions. Train and empower Community Champions to participate on a more significant engagement level.
- Monitors and measures the success of community engagement (i.e. number of power users, number of discussions, etc.), and provides reports for The Company.
- Wherever possible, engages fully with and supports all the activities of the Company.
– Proven verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create engaging copy and adapt for use on social, web and newsletter comms.
– Experienced content creator with proven experience in editing images, clipping and editing video or audio.
– An interest in expanding your career in marketing, communications, social media or audience development.
– In depth aptitude for key social media tools (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g.Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
– An entrepreneurial attitude; excellent attention to detail, strong motivation to learn and improve.
– An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges and constructive feedback.
– Organized work ethic able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet fast paced turnaround times with minimal fuss.
– The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Producer, Line Producer, Social Media Lead
Please send resume and/or links to firstname.lastname@example.org