jobby: Designer, Guru Studio, Toronto
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world. Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Designer for an exciting 3D animated series. This role reports directly to the Art Director.
- Work with Director and Art Director to design props and environments in the style of the show
- Produce prop and location designs in various forms from rough concept to finished rotations
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Take on various art tasks other than prop and location design (location illustrations, cover art, layout, mock-ups etc.)
- Excellent drawing and design skills (strong knowledge of architecture)
- Have an intuitive sense of what makes props and environments appealing and appropriate for the needs of the design
- A thorough and clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator – knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset
- Experience on a 3D packages (zBrush, Maya) is an asset
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Able to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous experience is a must
Please email resumes, reels and blogs to email@example.com with DESIGNER in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.