Do you believe strongly that effective lighting is a vital contribution to cinematic storytelling? Are you also detail-orientated to the point of minor obsession with it comes to compositing and effects integration? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for Lighting/Comp Artists to join our growing Kelowna studio team. Working collaboratively with the production team, you will be responsible for creating and conceptualizing lighting/comp sequences that meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality in conjunction with the show’s established style and technical requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of technical and creative abilities to effectively deliver the overall look, attitude and style of the character / set lighting and composition
- Assist Supervisors in resolving technical issues and in developing tools, scripts, plug-ins and any other frameworks needed to streamline the lighting and compositing process
- Exercise a keen eye for creative continuity as well as quality control regarding potential technical errors
- Be a proactive problem-solver when seeking resolution to production challenges
- Ensure all final composited scenes are output in accordance with the technical requirements of editorial and for the project, ensuring that all required layers are included in the final comp, using approved light rigs to match the look of the show
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by Series Director / Episodic Director and the production department
- Demonstrating a willingness to support less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction in your areas of department focus
What you bring to the table:
- TV / Animation production experience a must
- Prior experience with Maya and 3D compositing in Nuke
- Strong understanding of traditional lighting and compositing techniques and principles
- Solid technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Excellence communication skills and collaborative approach to working with others
- High degree of self-direction and strong work ethic
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, and other related scripting and tool aspects
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with expertise in rendering hand-drawn effects and concept art
- Experience with R&D requirements gathering and writing for production documentation and/or creating templates- technical and pipelines, art bibles, style guides, naming conventions
- On-set lighting production or editing suite experience
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
Working in Kelowna
Only 240 miles east of Vancouver, Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley. With a mix of creative companies along with a slew of high-tech start-ups, Kelowna is fast becoming known as the “Silicon Valley of the North”.
Located on beautiful Okanagan Lake, Kelowna offers countless outdoor activities including mountain biking, water sports, golf, skiing and snowboarding. The vibrant downtown core is abundant with unique shops, cafes, patios, galleries, and music festivals. Top it all off with sandy beaches, mountain ranges, orchards and vineyards, and affordable living we like to think of Kelowna as a veritable paradise.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.