jobby: Rigging Supervisor, 9Story Media Group, Toronto
9 Story Media Group is an industry leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences around the world. 9 Story has produced over 900 animated and live action episodes, seen on some of the world’s most respected children’s channels.
We are looking for a Toon Boom Rigging Supervisor to oversee the rigging department for its TV production pipeline and to provide direct and daily support to current TV Productions.
- Oversee team of Riggers across multiple productions;
- Lead the improvement of the work flow and ensure functionality of character and prop designs;
- Develop common practices for breaking and Rigging provided animation designs;
- Works closely with Design, Animation, Scene Planning and Pipeline departments to create and troubleshoot complex or challenging rigs;
- Assist the layout supervisors in creating dynamic, multi planning backgrounds;
- Work with and advise the posing department in the creation of novel poses based on storyboards;
- Provide advice and guidance to implement process improvements.
- 4+ years’ experience in varied productions with Toon Boom Harmony Stage v10+;
- Extensive knowledge of Toon Boom with the ability to creatively problem solve;
- Management experience in a fast paced studio environment considered an asset;
- Formal Certification(s) from Toon Boom Inc. (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Associate, Master) a bonus;
- Able to work within restrictive timelines and project milestones.
- Excellent communication skills, able to develop, achieve buy-in from multiple stakeholders and roll out new processes;
- Professional and friendly with a flexible attitude;
- Computer literacy and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, as well as Gmail and Google applications.
Please apply via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.