Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver’s busy Animation District. Since its inception almost 18 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
SURFACING & TEXTURE SUPERVISOR
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated SURFACING & TEXTURE SUPERVISOR who wants to join the crew on our next very exciting CG production!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to the texture and surfacing artists
- Help with developing the look of the show
- Implement an efficient workflow and manage the rendering process
- Ensure consistency
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor, Directors and other Supervisors
- Ensure your team is meeting deadlines as assigned by production
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Several years of production experience in texturing and surfacing
- Previous experience leading a team
- Strong knowledge of asset workflow
- Working knowledge of Zbrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Expert knowledge of 3D pipelines and software packages (Maya, Renderman, Nuke)
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking is an asset
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure and lead a team with a great attitude
- Strong communication skills and ability to delegate and mentor people
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to provide feedback to team
- Able to legally work in Canada, and ideally a current B.C. resident
- Able to work in-house at our Vancouver studio
START DATE: March 2017
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Demo Reel and/or Website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.