Nelvana Studio, A Corus Entertainment Company
Texturer/Shader – Contract Position
Nelvana Studio has an exciting opportunity for a Texturer/Shader in our Toronto office. Reporting to the series Art Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in maintaining the established art direction on a 3D series.
- Texturing/Shading/UV mapping of sets, props and characters. Set dressing as required
- Execute creative vision of the Art Director and Supervising Art Director
- Reports directly to the Art Director
- Working within a production schedule with respect to deadlines
- Attend texture launches
- Liaise with related departments such as: lighting, modeling, assembly
- Complete retakes to the specifications of the Art Director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Proficient with Photoshop and Maya.
- Must have solid traditional painting skills and experience
- Understanding of 3d lighting and how it impacts shading”.
- Compositing experience considered an asset but not required
- Good time management skills – ability to work within established schedule and set deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Able to troubleshoot
- Able to follow direction
A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with honesty and integrity.
Interested applicants are invited to send a Demo Reel and Resume by May 29, 2017 to:
Judy Leung, Senior Manager, Studio Operations
Email Address: email@example.com
*Please include Texturer/Shader in the subject line on your cover letter.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities
Comments are closed.