A Corus Entertainment Company
3D Modeler/Rigger – Contract Position
Nelvana Studio, A Corus Entertainment Company has an exciting opportunity for 3D Modeler/Rigger in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director and Modeling Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating digital models and rigging them for production:
- Create digital models (characters, props and sets) and their associated rigs from 2D designs
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 3 years experience using Maya in a production environment
- Proficiency in polygonal modeling of both hard and soft surface meshes in Maya
- Proficiency with either ZBrush or Mudbox
- Ability to adapt to cartoony and realistic styles
- Proficiency in unwrapping UVs
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Understanding mesh topology for rigging
- Prop rigging is required. Character rigging is recommended.
- Experience with alembic workflow
- Understanding of shading/rendering concepts in Arnold
- Understanding of Mel or Python recommended
- Positive work attitude and ability to work either unassisted or within a team
- Strong communication skills
Interested applicants are invited to send a Demo Reel and Resume to:
Email Address: Nelvana.Studio@corusent.com
*Please include 3D Modeler/Rigger in the subject line on your Cover letter.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities