A CORUS Entertainment Company
3D TD Compositor – Contract Position
Nelvana Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Director specializing in Compositing in our Toronto office. Applicants should have a minimum 3 years of professional experience as a Compositor, using node-based production level compositing software. They must be proficient in Nuke, as well as multi-channel workflows and colour management processes. Candidates should have a working knowledge in scripting (Python) and be skilled in: colour correction, image noise reduction, matting, tracking and vector painting. Applicants need to have experience in 3D (Maya) lighting and rendering engines (Arnold, Renderman or V-Ray).
- Provide technical solutions to artists and other TD’s regarding the 3D software, and tools.
- Responsible for overseeing, rendering, CG FX and compositing of episodic content.
- Contribute to the look development of 3D animation productions
- Create composite templates and workflows to adhere to production standards.
- Communication with other departments/partner studios to facilitate the delivery of assets during production.
- Positive, pro-active attitude a must
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Must be technically proficient in Maya, Arnold and Nuke.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge in scripting (Python).
- Strong knowledge of 3D geometry formats, texture mapping options, and character setup.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interest in Animation Industry and emerging tools/related products
- Successful completion of a visual effects diploma from a recognized institution.
- Interested applicants are invited to send a Resume to:
Email Address: Nelvana.Studio@corusent.com
- *Please include 3D Technical Directors in the subject line of your email.
- *No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities