Corus Entertainment Inc. Nelvana Studio Operations S/W Developer Toronto, ON (Corus Quay)
Nelvana Limited part of Corus Entertainment has an immediate contract opening for a CG Tools and Pipeline Developer serving Nelvana Animation Studio’s Production Pipeline in our 25 Dockside Drive (Toronto) location. Reporting to the Director, Operations/Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of production automation tools used in the management of digital assets, adding efficiencies to production processes and in the monitoring of production KPIs. He or she will have the ability to create extensions to the Maya and Toonboom interfaces and toolsets facilitating workflows and efficiency of CG staff.
- As the main service center for pipeline products you will be a full stack developer
- Create well designed interfaces for toolsets that work within the Nelvana distributed studio model
- Respond to department leads in the development of Maya and Toonboom (Harmony) script development
- Improve / integrate open source tools or older scripts
- Assess workflows and pipelines, identify bottlenecks and propose efficiency improvements
- Apply generally accepted, object-oriented programming standards to maximize code re-use and ease of support and customization.
- Document applications and diagram workflows for support purposes
- Leverage Amazon and Google cloud computing APIs to address rendering backlogs with cost-efficient engagements of these platforms
- Two years experience developing tools and workflow within an animation production facility
- Two years experience in web app development
- Experience in Object Oriented programming especially in Python
- Experience building user interfaces with PySide or PySide2
- Agile approach to S/W development
- Effective communication skills
- A willingness to learn new things, try new techniques, and pass on knowledge to others on the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in Ontario. Preference will be given to Ontario residents
- Experience developing tools for the manipulation of digital video and audio
- CG production experience in one or more of modeling, rigging, animation, shading, and/or rendering an asset
- General knowledge of film / television / VFX pipelines and processes
- Experience with relational database schema and operations
- Experience with C++ to debug and compile plugins for Maya
- Familiarity with compositing software such as Nuke or Fusion
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org *Please include “Developer” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.