Stellar Creative Lab has just launched in Vancouver with a CG Animated feature.
We live, breathe and love animation. A culture that is creative. A home for your talent. We mentor and train to help you meet your goals. We hire stars – work with the best in the industry. Work with Us!
Stellar Creative Lab is looking for a Modeling Supervisor to join our CG Feature team at our new facility in Vancouver. Our ideal Modeling Supervisor brings their creative vision and asset design talent, along with their knowledge of asset pipelines, to a brand-new cg-animation pipeline. Working with peers and facility supervisors, the Modeling Supervisor contributes to the design and implementation of tools and techniques that empower the modeling teams to work efficiently, troubleshooting issues to help the team meet creative expectations and production deadlines.
What We Need:
- Experience managing asset teams with an ability to understand and analyze production procedures using a non-traditional approach to problem solving.
- Critical analysis of pre-viz and production designs to create beautifully designed and optimized assets at a CG feature quality level.
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge creating assets in Maya.
- Able to define, document and communicate standards and techniques for troubleshooting and enhancing the asset pipeline.
- An eye for shape, light, form and texture and how to translate designs into CG assets.
- Passion and drive to raise modeling standards to the highest creative and technical levels.
- Capability to understand animation model sheets and interpret them into appealing CG solutions.
Your Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the modeling team to create, revise and maintain all assets.
- Work with production, pipeline and TD teams to collaborate on story analysis and breakdown for asset planning and scheduling.
- Research and recommend modeling techniques and workflows to improve productivity.
- Problem solving, prototyping and creating or revising assets if and where necessary.
Your Experience, Talents and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience modeling in a Maya pipeline.
- Artistic background in traditional or digital sculpting or drawing .
- Experience leading or supervising an asset team.
- Deep understanding of the technical requirements of modeling assets and how that relates to rigging, texturing and animation.
- Strong and clear communicator who is able to work with various teams and supervisors.
- Eligible to work in B.C.
Please apply at the link: http://stellarcreativelab.applytojob.com/apply/5z4NbJP5ip/Modeling-Supervisor
Comments are closed.