Stellar Creative Lab has just launched in Vancouver with a CG Animated feature.
We live, breathe and love animation. A culture that is creative. A home for your talent. We mentor and train to help you meet your goals. We hire stars – work with the best in the industry. Work with Us!
Stellar Creative Lab is looking for a Rigging Supervisor to join our CG Feature team at our new facility in Vancouver. Our ideal Rigging Supervisor brings their technical experience along with their creativity and problem solving skills to a brand-new cg-animation pipeline. Working with peers and facility supervisors the Rigging Supervisor contributes to the design and implementation of tools and techniques that empower the rigging and animation teams to work efficiently.
What We Need:
- Experience managing rigging teams with an ability to understand and analyze production procedures using non-traditional problem solving.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing rigging tools and solutions in collaboration with other project leads and supervisors.
- Understanding of human and animal anatomy, musculature and movement.
- Artistic sensitivity and understanding of the creative aspects of animation, such as line, shape and deformation.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience with, rigging in Maya.
- Able to define, document and communicate standards and techniques for the rigging pipeline.
- Critical analysis of rigging systems and designs to create production efficiencies that reach the highest level of technical quality.
- Passion and drive to take rigging to the next level to help raise the standard of character animation and performance.
Your Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with department supervisors, leads and other production teams to map out workflows and find solutions to produce high quality character performances.
- Design and develop a procedural rigging pipeline.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems encountered by rigging artists during production.
- Research and recommend rigging techniques or workflows to improve productivity.
- Manage the rigging team including training and guidance where necessary.
- Create or revise rigs if and where necessary.
Your Experience, Talents and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience rigging in a Maya pipeline.
- Strong technical fundamentals and an excellent understanding of pipeline processes.
- Proficient knowledge of Linux and Python strongly desired, knowledge of PyQt is a plus.
- A motivational leader who can balance the needs of production with the needs of the team.
- Eligible to work in B.C.
Please apply at the link: http://stellarcreativelab.applytojob.com/apply/hxC20RShf7/Rigging-Supervisor