Surfacing Artist Job Description
Mid and Senior levels
Stellar Creative Lab has just launched in Vancouver with a CG Animated feature.
We live, breathe and love animation. We foster a creative culture and strive to mentor our supervisors and artists to help them meet their goals. Our goal is to build the best team and provide an environment where they can do their best work!
Stellar Creative Lab is actively looking for Senior and Mid-level Surfacing Artists for an animated feature film. The role requires a strong understanding of material properties and color design. In addition to having exceptional painting skills, the ideal candidate will also be able to modify shader networks to achieve a specified look. All members of the surfacing team will be part of a larger effort focused on designing new tools and workflows that benefit the department as a whole.
What We Need:
- Excellent brushwork that can express a painterly style.
- A good understanding of natural and synthetic surface characteristics .
- Ability to read surface art reference and determine the physical material components.
- Experience with shader and texturing setups and their impact on rendering performance.
- Good listening and communication skills are a must.
Your Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to guidance from the director as well as other creative and technical supervisors.
- Create textures that adhere to the show’s production design across sets and characters.
- Design and build basic materials that can be reused throughout the studio.
- Work closely with other artists, including modelers and lighting artists to meet the desired in-film look.
Your Experience, Talents and Abilities:
- Production experience on one or more animated feature films.
- 3+ years professional experience using 3D painting tools (Mari, Substance Painter)
- Ability to model using Maya or zbrush a plus.
- Strong painting skills with a good understanding of color theory and design
- Eligible to work in B.C.
apply at the link: http://stellarcreativelab.applytojob.com/apply/n80g3PG8H0/Surfacing-Artist
Comments are closed.