Visual Development Artists – All Levels
Stellar Creative Lab has just launched in Vancouver with a CG Animated feature.
We live, breathe and love animation. A culture that is creative. A home for your talent. We mentor and train to help you meet your goals. We hire stars – work with the best in the industry. Work with Us!
Stellar Creative Lab is looking for Visual Development Artists to join our CG Feature team at our new facility in Vancouver.
Visual Development Artists establish and develop the visual language of the film, creating concept art, background paintings, character designs, environment designs, and prop designs.
What We Need:
- A portfolio featuring concept art and production design.
- Strong painting ability.
- Enthusiasm for a collaborative, iterative creative process.
Your Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exploring and developing visual ideas which support the story.
- Creating character, environment, and prop designs.
- Creating expression sheets for characters.
- Creating workbooks for Environments.
Your Experience, Talents and Abilities:
- Animation art department experience, preferably feature film.
- A strong understanding of design, composition, perspective, structure, value, color.
- An appreciation for constructive feedback & collaboration.
- Excellent Photoshop skills, traditional painting a bonus, any 3D tools a bonus.
- Strong time management & comfortable hitting deadlines.
- Eligible to work in B.C.