(Full-time, Fixed term Contract)
Copernicus Studios is an entertainment content development and production company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. We produce original, high-quality animated content for television, feature film, and digital platforms.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic full-time Character Designers, to join the Copernicus team for an exciting new Primetime Adult 2D Animated Series for Netflix OR a Cartoon Network 2D Animated Children’s Series – both commencing in the New Year.
Start Date: February 2018
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
- Work closely with the Art Director/Design Supervisor to understand show concepts and style
- Continually review Storyboards to ensure continuity of character designs and to maintain consistency with the style and quality of the show
- Complete all character designs including cleanup and turn-arounds
- Make any changes or revisions as necessary while working efficiently to meet production deadlines
- Strong portfolio exhibiting exceptional design/drawing skills
- Strong character design skills and experience
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to multitask while working well under pressure
- Relevant drawing and design experience necessary, preferably on an 2D animated production
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience
Applicants must be willing to relocate to Halifax, Nova Scotia
Please apply by submitting your Cover Letter and Resume by E-mail to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
For more information about our company, visit www.copernicusstudios.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.