Supporting the Design Department, and the production as a whole, the Designer will create assets (character and props) in the style of the show.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Following the designs created by the Fun Pack Artist, the designer will create it within the style and model of the show
- Responsible for designing additional mouth charts, blinks, hands, feet, body parts and rotations/poses for character and prop designs
- Address all client and internal notes via Shotgun, and make required changes or revisions
- Collaborate with the Design team to ensure continuity of character and prop designs throughout the production
- Work with VFX team to design additional elements as needed
- Complete work on schedule and maintain deadlines assigned, communicating with the Design Supervisor regarding status of work and any problems that may arise.
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Designer on an animation production
- Proficient understanding of Photoshop and intermediate to advanced knowledge of Flash CS 5.5
- Solid understanding design fundamentals
- Strong composition and perspective skills
- Keen eye for detail and composition ( detailed oriented )
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Effective problem solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.