9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
Lighter (CG Animation)
The position of lighter requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software, with at least 2 years of experience in a similar role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will be open to direction, have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
Well developed ‘eye’, a good working knowledge of art, design and film as well as a solid technical grounding in Maya and Mental Ray is a must.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
Lighting and compositing of CG assets
Shading and surfacing of CG Assets
Working with the Lead Lighter to contribute to look development of the CG assets
Light and composite a weekly quota of shots as required and on schedule
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
Must have two years’ experience working as a lighter in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of lighting in Maya.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Mental Ray (or equivalent renderer)
- Must be proficient in shading and surfacing materials in Mental ray(or equivalent renderer)
- Must have a good “eye” and a thorough understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and lighting
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction
- Must be proficient in Nuke (or Digital Fusion)
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in finishing of assets and shots.
- Knowledge of Python (and/or Mel) is considered a big plus.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to: email@example.com Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.