(Full-time, Fixed term Contract)
Copernicus Studios is an entertainment content development and production company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. We produce original, high-quality animated content for television, feature film, and digital platforms.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic full-time Storyboard Artists, to join the Copernicus team for an exciting new Primetime Adult 2D Animated Series for Netflix OR a Cartoon Network 2D Animated Children’s Series – both commencing in the New Year.
Start Date: February 2018
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
- Create storyboards using Storyboard Pro software and visualize the script as clearly and efficiently as possible
- Implement all storytelling objectives, while following all provided design references for character, props and location
- Follow any specific instructions set out by the Producers, Show-runners, Directors and Storyboard Supervisors
- Make any changes or revisions while elaborating on posing, acting, and clean-up to complete final storyboards
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Production Manager and Storyboard Supervisor
- At least 3 to 5 years of storyboard experience
- Impeccable visual storytelling skills, staging and draftsmanship displayed in your portfolio
- Knowledge and experience working digitally with Wacom tablets and Storyboard Pro software
- Strong knowledge in composition, acting, timing, character design, and background design
- Familiarity with 2D Animation pipeline
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet production deadlines
Applicants must be willing to relocate to Halifax, Nova Scotia
Please apply by submitting your Cover Letter and Resume by E-mail to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
For more information about our company, visit www.copernicusstudios.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.