9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
Based out of our Toronto Studio the Script Coordinator will work closely with our Manchester Studio and support as needed with the Script to record stage of production. The Script Coordinator will acts as a liaison between our Manchester production team, local writers and the record studio, and to communicate creative priorities throughout the productions as required.
Assisting the Story Editor, writing team and production team of a 52 x 11 min animated series;
- Collating and organization of creative notes and distribution to writers
- Work with Show Runner and Story Editor on smooth operation of scripting process
- Distribution of creative notes to writers and follow up
- Maintain writing schedule in line with production needs
- Maintaining script tracking documents;
- Script distribution: to client, production team, consultants, script clearance house, S&P (per Show Runner instructions)
- Script breakdown; maintaining character and line count documents;
- Preparing materials for the voice records, setting up character sides, distribution of music and lyric sheets;
- Communicate to Production Manager episode specific casting needs
- Attend and take notes at brainstorm meetings
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by Show Runner, Producer, Production Manager or Story Editor.
Previous experience as a script coordinator or writers’ assistant a distinct advantage.
Experience in maintaining tracking documents (Google sheets and Excel)
Good understanding of schedules and deadlines
Excellent communication skills
Organized and detail orientated
Comfortable in working to tight deadlines
Microsoft Office (required); Final Draft (required);
Previous TV industry experience a must
If this sounds like the job for you please apply directly online on the Brown Bags Films Career page
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.