Position: Storyboard Artist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Company: Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Address: 1523 West 3rd Ave, Vancouver BC, V6J 1J8
Terms of employment: Full-time (contract)
Language of work: English
Bardel is currently recruiting for talented Storyboard Artists to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working with one of our prominent clients, such as DreamWorks, Mattel, and Rovio Entertainment, this person will be responsible for creating digital storyboards which meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality requirements of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Translate scripts and stories into visual sequences based on notes and meetings with the Unit Director and other team members
- Work with the Director and Storyboard Supervisor to illustrate the story, plan shots, and draw panels based on scripts
- Produce strong boards that clearly convey the character’s intent, timing and action
- Meet all project deadlines and milestones whilst following Unit Directors revision notes
- Actively participate in team / department meetings.
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists by providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- 2-3+ Years of experience in storyboarding for animated TV series or feature film
- Strong drawing skills with a keen sense of design, appeal, character acting, timing, and composition
- Ability to work digitally with programs such as Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, Shotgun etc.
- Recognized higher education qualification in animation, film or a related field
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging an asset
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
Pay: $26.00 – $43 / hour (based on experience)
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Salary increases based on performance
Number of positions available: 3
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.