Start Date: March 2018
Industrial Brothers is currently looking for an enthusiastic Background Artist to join the team for Season Two of our 2D Animated Series, DOT.
As the Background Artist you would be supporting the Art Director to create final coloured backgrounds for scenes.
- Working closely with the Art director to assist in the creation of environment layouts and digitally painted backgrounds
- Translating existing Storyboards and reviewing Animatics to produce to clean layouts and final painted backgrounds for Animation
- Maintain the style and execution of the backgrounds as per requirements of the production
- Make any changes or revisions as necessary while working efficiently to meet production deadlines
- Work collaboratively with team members and ensuring open communication
- An in-depth knowledge of Photoshop is required
- Knowledge of Flash is a plus.
- Understanding of background design or layout for 2D Animation an asset
- A strong understanding of perspective, and dimension
- A Solid grasp of composition, colour theory, layout and design.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Capable of taking direction and working collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
All crew must have at least 2-5 years’ experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus. Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.