Character Builds Artist (Full-time, Fixed term Contract)
Copernicus Studios is an entertainment content development and production company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. We produce original, high-quality animated content for television, feature film, and digital platforms.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic full-time Character Builds Artists, to join the Copernicus team for an exciting new 2D Animated Series for Netflix or a 2D Animated Children’s Series for Cartoon Network, both commencing soon.
Start Date: February/March 2018
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
- Work closely with the Builds Supervisor to create functional character builds for animators
- Work within a small team of artists to clean-up and build the final character turn-arounds and rigs to be used in the production
- This will include a combination of prop and incidental character builds
- Strong portfolio exhibiting design/clean-up/building experience
- Strong work ethic, communication skills, and a good team player
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to multitask while working well under pressure
- Experience in Toon Boom Harmony and/or Flash necessary
Applicants must be willing to relocate to Halifax, Nova Scotia
Please apply by submitting your Resume and link to your portfolio demonstrating your Builds skill/experience by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
For more information about our company, visit www.copernicusstudios.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.