Working closely with the Producer and Client, the Director is responsible for transforming a vision into an animated production. The Director will play a critical role in the success of the production, the Director will guide, supervise and review the work produced by the team ensuring the style and vision of the show is achieved.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the conceptualization and execution of the creative direction, in all stages of production.
- Supervise and review the work produced by the various departments from script through to post-production.
- Ensures the style and quality of a series is upheld during all stages of production and communicates this to the department leads to ensure consistency throughout.
- Work closely with the Producer to ensure timelines are maintained.
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 5+ years’ previous experience as director in children’s television within a 2D production environment
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro & Harmony, Sketch Book and After Effects
- Superior understanding of filmic storytelling principles and techniques
- Traditional animation experience and strong drawing skills
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team, Encouraging feedback and new initiatives from teams
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Possesses strong management skills and critical thinking
- Display a calm and professional demeanor when working under time constraints and pressure
- Able to multi-task and work efficiently with multiple stakeholders
- Professional and positive attitude
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.