9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
Supporting the Animation Department, and the production as a whole, the Animator will develop animation with a variety of concepts, designs, and graphics, creating a variety of animated scenes.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Animate scenes that have been assigned that are consistent in quality and style of the production and meet internal deadlines
- Use/manipulate available assets to create scenes and problem solve when assets are unavailable
- Work with the entire Animation team to ensure that scenes fit into the production as a whole and are in line with Director’s vision
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 2 + years of previous experience as an Animator on an animation production
- Proficient in the use of Flash CS 5.5, with a strong understanding of the technical aspects
- Strong knowledge of animation principles and able to apply them
- Solid understanding of walk cycles, lip sync, and character timing
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Effective problem solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.