Lead Character Designer
Start Date: March 2018
Industrial Brothers is currently looking for an enthusiastic Lead Designer to join the team for Season Two of our 2D Animated Series, DOT.
As a Lead Designer, you would be working closely with the Art Director to create final Character and Prop designs based on Animatics and Storyboards.
- Working closely with the Art Director and Design Team to create engaging, performable characters and props according to the style of the show
- Review the Jr Flash Designer’s work to make sure their set up and style are correct
- Break down the leicas to create character and prop lists for each episode
- Create character turnarounds, unique posing, and facial/anatomical expressions
- Complete on-demand requests from the Animation department to create unique designs based on the action required, i.e Hand gestures, VFX requests
- Make any changes or revisions as necessary while maintaining deadlines assigned, communicating with the Art Director regarding status of work and any problems that may arise
- Understand the terminology so that you understand what our Art Director is talking about
- Communicate with the riggers when they need some tweaks
- Previous experience as a Designer in animation a must
- Strong understanding of Flash and Photoshop
- A required knowledge of Builds for 2D animation
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, and dimension
- A solid grasp of composition, colour theory, layout and design.
- Capable of working and adapting within an established style
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Capable of taking direction and working collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
All crew must have at least 2-5 years’ experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus. Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.