2D Animation Supervisor (Full-time, Fixed term Contract)
Copernicus Studios is an entertainment content development and production company based in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – only minutes from the surfing beaches or the hiking trails. Industry veterans and new grads working in a collaborative environment focusing on learning and career growth!
Working closely with Production Management and other Supervisors, the Animation Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of Animators to ensure successful completion of animation for the production. We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Start Date: May/June 2018
- Organize and assign scenes to crew members and actively manage quotas, schedules, deadlines
- Act as a resource for your team and provide feedback on animation where needed
- Work closely with other animation supervisors on the production to address any creative concerns
- Work closely with Builds and Backgrounds supervisors to solve episode-specific problems/concerns
- Ensure artists are maintaining consistency with style and execution per requirements of the production
- Provide revision notes to artists
- Attend production meetings
- Advanced knowledge in Flash and/or Toonboom (depending on production)
- 3-5 years of experience in Animation for television, film and/or a portfolio displaying the required skills
- Previous experience leading a team of Animators
- Experience using software for production tracking is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada willing to relocate to Halifax, Nova Scotia
Please apply by submitting your Resume and link to your portfolio demonstrating your skill/experience by E-mail to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.