9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
Rigger – 3D
At Brown Bag Films our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘We Love AnimationTM.’ We are looking for a Rigger to join our Toronto team who shares our love of Animation and will bring with them a passion for bringing high quality animated characters to life.
The Rigging Artist will be responsible for taking vector art created by the design team and distributing it to working rigged hierarchy in Maya, adjusting the hierarchy to fit character specific requirements. They must be able to follow established rigging conventions, style, and production specific template layouts.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
-Must be able to communicate and work in collaboration with Design, Animation and Scene Planning
-Must be able to set up a character so that the character/prop can move in the desired manner
-Identify problems and ask for help when needed
-Aims for consistency of the rigs throughout the production
-Test rigs, and ensure that they will hold up in animation
-Must have great organizational skills and ability to follow established conventions
-Being able to take direction and implement
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- Very Strong working knowledge of 3D Rigging principles
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation with an understanding of puppet and control philosophy
- Strong drawing skills are an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya
- A good working knowledge of shotgun
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction easily and be willing to participate as a member as well as to work independently as required
- Solid understanding of anatomy, mechanics and movement
- Technical understanding of the application of layouts and how to trouble
- Highly organized and stellar planning skills
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume & portfolio to: email@example.com Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.