9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
In this role the Series Producer will facilitate the show’s creative vision across all stages of production, by communicating updates between departments, supervising workflow, and managing quality control for final live action, audio, designs, and animation
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Ensure creative goals are met by regularly communicating with all stakeholders, managing correspondence for materials distributed to the network, problem solving with the production team when notes are received, facilitating network meetings including setting agendas and leading weekly production updates
- Direct daily and weekly production priorities for internal teams by managing production goals/kick- offs/deadlines and troubleshooting calendar concerns with the Line Producer
- Supervise deliverables to external studio including script, audio, and visual direction/feedback, while working with the studio’s producer to improve workflow including coordination, strategy, and communication
- Participate in all phases of audio production including, problem solving workflow challenges, managing the casting process, attending call back sessions/original records as needed, reviewing radio plays and mixes, screening locked episodes for ADR calls, and supervising pick-up priorities and deliveries
- Participate in visual reviews including design, animatics and animation by supporting the prioritization of notes to the studio, implementing specific meetings and documents to improve processes, and managing relationships with external designers
- Foster a productive and positive team environment by bringing a strategic perspective to challenging situations, participating in hiring staff and planning meetings/events, considering details that promote team spirit, developing junior staff members, directing the agenda and creative for bi-monthly team updates, and overseeing the organization of assets and tracking of materials
- Oversee budget and schedule along with the Line Producer
Participate in additional activities normally be expected of a Producer
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the role
- Strong working knowledge of the production pipelines (2D/3D animation & live action), and extensive
knowledge of each phase of production (script through to post-production)
- Excellent numeracy skills and fiscal literacy; able manage budgets to ensure proactive solutions are made
- Organized and has excellent time management skills, able to efficiently balance multiple priorities
- Knowledge and experience with WGC, WGA, ACTRA IPA and Canadian funding regulations
- Able to problem solve in stressful situations, able to identify when challenges and solutions need to be flagged to supervisor
- Able to proactively work with and relationship build (on several productions at a time) with internal teams, external teams, clients and broadcasters
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately with sound judgment and discretion
- Well-developed communication skills with a focus on diplomacy, discretion and one on one relationships; verbal, nonverbal and written
- Professional and solution oriented
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Make sure to include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.