Software Developer (Pipeline TD)
9 Story Media Group is an industry leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning animated and live action content for young audiences around the world. 9 Story has produced over 900 animated and live action episodes, seen on some of the world’s most respected children’s channels.
9 Story Media Group is looking for a Software Developer to collaborate in the creation and delivery of production-ready tools for its TV production pipeline. The Software Developer will work with the team to architect & develop production tools and supporting modules. In this role, you will support the team with solving technical issues, automating Shotgun, rendering, as well as supporting the asset and shot production pipelines. Working with a centrally managed Pipeline development team, you will work closely with the IT Manager to support and develop the pipeline and tools.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring industry best practices and standards to have a total understanding of the studio needs
- Develop efficient, readable, commented code with Object Oriented programming best practices
- Lead development and implementation of production pipelines for all studio productions
- Author and maintain in-house documentation
- Participate in ‘post mortems’ with production teams
- Recommend solutions to ensure technical decisions are made in an efficient and timely manner to increase efficiency
- Maintain the ongoing monitoring of current productions to ensure Pipeline stability
- Design and maintain Pipeline technical project milestones
- Identifying inefficiencies in the production Pipeline and propose and design solutions
- Responding to Shotgun Helpdesk requests and provide 2nd level support to other team members
- Consulting with Development and Technology departments in designing bespoke software
- Mentoring and work closely with other technical directors
- 5 years+ experience analyzing, and developing Object Oriented Programming (Python, PyQt)
- Knowledge of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) process, ITIL methodology, and Database management skills
- Knowledge of Distributed Version Control Systems (git)
- Knowledge of Linux and/or BSDs
- A positive attitude in stressful situations
- Experience with Shotgun
- Experience developing clean and efficient User Interfaces
- Tool development for Adobe products: eg Photoshop, Premiere
- Familiarity with the 2D animation production process would be an asset
- Experience with Toon Boom Harmony
Please apply via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and Reference # CA1256 in subject headline
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.