Last updated on June 28, 2018
Wuzzals is a growing publisher that is passionate about creating books for children with dyslexia and ADP, so that they can learn how to read.
How We Help
We create books that teach the skill of reading that can be enjoyed by all ages.
So that readers DO NOT face the social stigma of being a struggling reader.
About the Position
- We’re hiring REMOTE Clean-up / Revision Artists. Candidates must have a strong understanding of line quality, and are able to implement those principles. They must also be able to keep characters consistent from shot to shot, and on model with the character line-up.
- The level of complexity of our books is very basic. It is a flat 2D design, and requires no shading. We currently work in Adobe Photoshop.
- The position will involve taking our rough storyboards of our books with an animated design style using Adobe Photoshop.
- Working hours are flexible not daily quotas are not
- Working with our Art Director to create engaging, performable characters and props according to the style of the production
- Translating roughs to highly polished finished boards
- Submitting design variations and revisions based on feedback
- Using model sheets of characters
- Illustrators will complete a minimum of 20 shots per day
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong drawing ability
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective
- An excellent understanding of the principles of line quality; and the ability to implement these principles (i.e. Line thickness in foreground and background)
- Ability to match the characters from the examples provided in the character line-up
- Use roughs only as a guide to placement; not as guide to for structure of the characters
- Able to work in Photoshop
- Able to take direction and work collaboratively within a team
- Able to communicate professionally and positively
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school desired
Apply at: email@example.com