9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
At Brown Bag Films, our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘We Love AnimationTM.’ We are one of the World’s most exciting, original and successful creative-lead animation studios with studios in Toronto, Dublin and Manchester.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble full leica reels for every episode
- Provide feedback, suggestions and make modifications/cuts during screenings
- Responsible for cutting in revisions (audio & visual)
- Responsible for the handling of audio pickups and setting up logs for production’s reference
- Responsible for exporting screening files for internal and client review
- Responsible for exporting XML/AAF files and reference clips for scene planning & animation
- Work closely with the Director, Producer and Production Manager during the course of production to ensure all facets of each episode are produced to the highest standard
- Responsible for colour assembly and revisions for each episode
- Responsible for OMF/AAF outputs for post sound
- Responsible for assembling broadcast master for delivery
Required Experience /Professional Skills:
- 10 + years of experience in the role
- At least 3 animated series credited as Editor
- Expert level understanding of the animation workflow
- Expert working knowledge of editorial software packages (Proficient in Avid and a strong working knowledge in FCP & Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Solid working knowledge of programs used in Comp/FX (After Effects/ Photoshop)
- Solid sense of timing principles (comedic, cinematic, storytelling) to create appropriate pace, build tension, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, excel)
- Professional and solution oriented
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please send your resume to: email@example.com Make sure to include the job title and Reference # 1340BB in the Subject Line.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.