3D LIGHTING ARTIST
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world. Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a Lighting Artist to work on one of our brand new shows
- Use existing light rigs to generate a large volume of shots in a week
- Occasionally light a set from scratch using clean and efficient light setups.
- Work directly with the compositing team to reach the desired look
- Occasionally work with the technical staff to solve rendering / lighting scene issues.
- Communicate directly with the Art Director and Creative Supervisor to make sure set lighting meets the intended look of the show.
- Proficient in shot based lighting using VRay or Mental Ray. Experience with professional production renderers (Mental Ray, RenderMan, VRay) required. Redshift experience is a major asset.
- Strong understanding of what is capable in compositing to reach the intended look. (Compositing experience is a major asset).
- Knowledge of shaders, and their impact on render times.
- A strong demo reel that shows well lit and balanced imagery.
- A solid traditional portfolio (e.g. painting, photography) highlighting composition and artistic skills is an asset.
Please email resumes, reels and blogs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 3D LIGHTING ARTIST in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an inteview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Comments are closed.