Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world. Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a DESIGNER for a brand new, studio-original preschool IP.
Guru is looking for someone to design an array of characters and locations for a colourful (and beyond adorable!) new 2D series, inspired by modern animation design and naive children’s book illustration. Imagine a mash up of Jon Klassen design, UPA animation, and a Richard Scarry world of busy animals!
- Work with Director and Art Director to design in the style of the show
- Produce designs in various forms from rough concept to finished rotations
- Take on various art tasks design (character, prop and location design etc.)
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent drawing and design skills (knowledge in Graphic design will be a plus)
- Have an intuitive sense of what makes the design appealing and appropriate
- A thorough and clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator – knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset
- Experience on a 2D production and knowledge of layout is an asset
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Able to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous experience is a must
Please be sure to include your resume, portfolio, reels/blogs when sending your application to email@example.com, with DESIGNER in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.